Expertise France est l’agence publique de conception et de mise en œuvre de projets internationaux de coopération technique. L’agence intervient autour de quatre axes prioritaires :
- gouvernance démocratique, économique et financière ;
- paix, stabilité et sécurité ;
- climat, agriculture et développement durable ;
- santé et développement humain.
Dans ces domaines, Expertise France assure des missions d’ingénierie et de mise en œuvre de projets de renforcement des capacités, mobilise de l’expertise technique et joue un rôle d’ensemblier de projets faisant intervenir de l’expertise publique et des savoir-faire privés.
- General objective of the mission
Under the supervision of the Regional Coordinator, the Deputy Regional Coordinator for Africa provides his/her support for the overall implementation of activities and initiatives undertaken in the partner countries in the region of Africa.
The Regional Coordinator is free to decide a repartition of roles and request his/her Deputy to be in charge of a specific area, be it geographic or thematic.
The Regional Coordinator remains the official entry point for any matter related to Africa.
- Specific objectives
- Provide inputs, advices and updates on the specific national and regional contexts in the area: actors, stakeholders, challenges, ports of interests, maritime and organised crime news…
- Participate to the definition of the action plan for Africa
- Participate to the implementation of the action plan in Africa
- Participate to the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation policy for the region (collection of data)
- Description of tasks to be assigned
- Support the identification of local stakeholders (agencies, ports, ministries, regional actors…) and develop relations with them
- Participate to the development of relations with other international projects and initiatives in the area
- Participate in matter-related events (conferences, webinars…) in the region to ensure visibility of the project
- Participate to meetings with European Union Delegations and EU Member States Embassies
- Participate to the development of a thorough understanding of the challenges/threats in the area and share it
- Provide strategic inputs to the Regional coordinator
- Ensure dissemination of relevant information and difficulties (top-down and bottom-up) to the Regional coordinator for Africa
- Participate, under the leadership of the regional coordinator for Africa, to the elaboration of the work plan for the countries in Africa
- Participate to the identification of transregional activities
- Participate to the relevant project’s governance bodies
Implementation of activities
- Prepare the Terms of reference of identified project’s activities, follow-up on the implementation and draft the mission report
- Participate to the identification of short term expertise (terms of reference)
- Participate to the activities and preparation of training materials
- Responsible for collecting data to feed into monitoring and evaluation tools
- Contribute to drafting official reports
- Contribute to the preparation of the different internal meetings
- Any other tasks identified by the Regional Coordinator for Africa
Description du projet ou contexte
The project “Seaport Cooperation (SEACOP V)) financed by the European Union (DEVCO) under the Instrument contributing to Peace and Stability, will be implemented by a Consortium led by Expertise France (EF). The project aims to contribute to the fight against maritime illicit trade and associated criminal networks in the targeted countries and regions in Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa, consistent with human rights.
The traffic of illicit goods is a growing and international phenomenon which has a devastating impact on social and economic development as well as public health. Its development can rely, among others, on the increasing use of maritime routes and containerisation for the international trade in the context of globalisation and, as a consequence, the difficulty faced by the relevant authorities in ports to control a growing volume of goods. Traffic of illicit goods are orchestrated by transnational criminal groups operating across different continents which are often also involved in other criminal activities (ex: kidnapping, terrorism, money laundering…). Therefore, the maritime illicit trade is not an isolated element, it must be understood and dealt with taking into account the criminal environment evoked supra. This is key to ensure an efficient fight against it.
The overall objective of SEACOP V is to support the fight against maritime illicit trafficking and associated criminal networks in the targeted countries and regions in order to alleviate the negative impact of illicit trafficking in terms of public health and economic stability.
Two results will be sought:
- The creation and empowerment of national joint maritime control units (JMCUs) and maritime intelligence units (MIUs) in order to develop the inter-administration approach to the fight against illegal trafficking and ultimately prevent and disrupt illegal traffic.
- The set-up of an intraregional and trans-Atlantic intelligence and cooperation network to favour exchange of information, good practices and situation analysis (especially concerning cocaine trafficking) as well as to ensure a fertile ground for joint operations.
- Education / Qualifications:
- University degree (BA or MA) in maritime security, criminal organisations or related matter;
- Fluent in spoken and written English (C1 expected)
- Good level of French and Portuguese would be an asset
- Requested highest demonstrable professional skills on:
- Inter-cultural communication
- Team spirit / work
- Methodological skills
2. Professional experience
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of working experience in domains related to fighting maritime organised crime, in particular illicit traffics
- Proven experience in multinational law enforcement operatives, multiagency cooperation or with law enforcement agencies
- Experience of capacity building activities
- Experience of maritime security issues
- Experience of cooperation project management would be an asset.
- Period of implementation: 30 months.
- Place of duty: To be discussed, either field-based (West Africa) or home-based with frequent missions in the region, in Paris (Expertise France HQ) and in Belgium (EU HQ)
- Full-time position.
- Work contract with Expertise France or work contract through an umbrella company (portage salarial)