Plan International est une organisation humanitaire et de développement indépendante qui fait la promotion des droits des enfants et de l’égalité des filles.
Pas encore abonné à ce blog?
Nous sommes convaincus du pouvoir et du potentiel de chaque enfant. Mais cela est souvent étouffé par la pauvreté, la violence, l’exclusion et la discrimination. Et ce sont les filles qui sont les plus touchées.
En collaborant avec les enfants, les jeunes, nos défenseurs et nos partenaires, nous essayons d’obtenir un monde juste, en abordant les causes des obstacles que les filles et tous les enfants vulnérables doivent surmonter.
Nous soutenons les droits des enfants de la naissance à l’âge adulte. Et nous permettons aux enfants de se préparer et de réagir aux crises et à l’adversité. Grâce à notre portée, notre expérience et nos connaissances, nous favorisons les changements dans la pratique et la politique au niveau local, national et global.
Depuis plus de 85 ans, nous bâtissons de puissants partenariats pour les enfants et nous sommes actifs dans plus de 75 pays.
Poste 1 : ECLT Assistant
Lieu: Lomé, Togo
|Reports to||Country Director|
|Location||Country office||Travel required|
[A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?]
The ECLT Assistant (ECLTA) coordinates communications flow to and from the Extended Country LeadershipTeam (ECLT) and provides a wide range of administrative and executive support to the management team. The post holder facilitates the work of the Extended Country Leadreship Team comprised of the Country Director (CD) and ECLT members, supports the smooth running of the ECLT’s work and stands as administrative interface between the Country Director and the other departments. Although s/he does not attend these, the post-holder coordinates management meetings and similar events and support the Country Director on follow-up of actions.
Dimensions of the Role
[This section provides a summary of the size and authority of the post. It covers the size of the budget held, the numbers of direct reports, other key stakeholders who may depend on it, the type of communication required, the external representation involved and the reach of the role.]
The key role of the ECLT Assistant (ECLTA) is to effectively coordinate management meetings and ensure timely, coherent and consistent distribution of information, including making sound recommendations and suggestions, to the Country Director and the management team in order to inform decision making process.
The ECLTA ensures effective accountability to the supervisor and manages all situations in compliances with procedures/rules in force but requests advise from the supervisor for all situations where clear solutions are not set.
The ECLTA is expected to build and maintain strong working relationships with staff in all departments and Plan offices, with partners and with the general public.
The ECLTA upholds Plan’s values and principles and behaves in a way to reflect Plan’s image in the office and in the country.
[This section is critical for clarifying expectations of the role, providing the framework for its relationship with colleagues and providing areas of accountability against which performance can be managed.
This should include a series of brief statements that define the end results required. E.g. drive, contribute, identify, manage, responsible for, advise/coach, build, develop, provide, conduct, oversee, establish, participate etc.
Statements should ideally be worded so that they will lead to thoughts of measurement. For example, it is better to state something like « achieve maintenance standards » than « undertake maintenance ». The former leads to a measure against the maintenance standards.]
- General administrative support
- Centralize “IN” correspondences and documents for CD’s review
- Follow-up CD’s comments and annotations on correspondences and remind colleagues of due actions as relevant
- Prepare and/or edit correspondences, communications, presentations, and other documents as relevant
- Ensure a unique referencing system to all “OUT” correspondences
- Manage the official email address of Plan Togo and refer mails to recipients accordingly
- Management of CD’s office
- Handle phones calls meant to CD and manage correspondences to and from CD’s office
- Create and manage the CD’s filing and document control system.
- Maintain the CD’s appointment schedule and ensure due follow-up
- Manage and maintain the CD’s travel planning and ensure logistic support as appropriate
- Review documents submitted to CD for approval to ensure they are complete, correct and of good quality
- Prepare and monitor budgets for CD’s running costs in office & house
- Ensure that services requested in CD’s office/house are provided in time
- Follow-up on deliverable from ECLT members or other colleagues as may request the Country Director
- Plan and update annual schedule for ECLT meetings
- Organize management team meetings and events, namely CLT and ECLT meetings
- Support to the Extended CLT
- Organize logistics for ECLT meetings
- Collect feedback from ECLT members and draft the “Operating environment” document for the quarterly report
- Compile and share monthly with the CO and RO, information on visits of NO/IH/Sponsors/Media Crew in the country and travel of staff out of the region Compile and share planning of events on a monthly basis
- Support Interim CDs for the smooth-running of operations in the CD’s absence
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
DEALING WITH PROBLEMS
- Arrange and coordinate different management and program meetings. The Country Leadership Team and the Extended-Country Leadership Team deal with a broad range of issues. Ensuring that management decisions/recommendations are accurately captured require familiarity and interest in the variety of issues of management concern, besides the ability to review and consolidate large amount of information into succinct briefing papers and notes, to identify problems and recommend solutions to management;
- Manage conflicting priorities. The Executive Assistant will be a shared resource for the executive team (core CLT) and the management teams (E-CLT) and should be able to manage the demands of these teams. He/she should be willing to be stretched beyond his or her comfort zone to assume new responsibilities;
- Create and maintain complex relationships. One of the challenges of the ECLT Assistant will be his/her ability to earn and deserve trust of senior managers/teams and build strong professional relationships with technical advisors and the country program team as a whole.
- Immediately inform the Country Director of any problems for which the job holder cannot find a solution.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
[This section refers to people inside and/or outside of the organisation that the post-holder needs to have contact with, and why. This should include virtual presence.]
|CD||To Follow-up on deliverable from CMT members or other colleagues as may request the Country Director |
To Maintain the CD’s appointment schedule and ensure due follow-up
To Handle phones calls meant to CD and manage correspondences as appropriate
To manage correspondence to/from CD’s office
To receive, review and advice on documents submitted to CD for approval and follow-up on CD’s instructions to concerned staff (e.g. contracts, travel requests, payment requests, etc…)
To follow up with settlement of bills from CD’s house and office
To monitor and updated the budget of the CD’s office and house
|Core CLT and ECLT||To arrange and coordinate Core ECLT meetings and to ensure timely distribution of minutes, notes and follow up to actions lists |
|Other Plan Togo staff and direct working relations (e.g. Advisory Board, Youth Panel, Plan zone Prefects and local leaders)||To review and finalize various correspondences or documents for CD’s signing or to partners |
To arrange CD’s meeting requesting their participation and to follow-up with decision as shared
To Follow-up on deliverable requested from other staff, partners and the public
To coordinate travel and logistics arrangements for CD
To synchronise managements meetings and executive team calendar with the meeting portfolio and calendar of the program team and make sure there is no conflicts
|Other Plan Staff in the Regions and IH||Arrange CD Meetings and calls with other CDs, WARO and IH |
Follow-up and remind CD in time on agreed actions
Keep the CD informed on development in these actions/areas
|Other non-Plan persons and entities (Government, Partners, UN Agencies, other INGOs and NGOs, Private Sector etc…)||Arrange CD Meetings and calls with other CDs, WARO and IH |
Follow-up and remind CD in time on agreed actions
Keep the CD informed on development in these actions/areas
Maintain good relations between Plan and these persons and entities
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
[This section details the skills, knowledge and expertise the postholder will be required to demonstrate in doing the job well.
This should include clear levels of technical expertise and skills that support our work at national, international, and global level.]
Qualification and Experience
BAC + 3 in Administration or secretarial or any other equivalent diploma;
At least 5 years of experience in a similar position
Knowledge of development issues and management practices of an NGO
Skills & Behaviours
- Excellent written and communication skills in English and French;
- High degree of organization and excellent problem solving skills;
- High level of confidentiality and excellent customer relation;
- Ability to multi-task, to prioritise and to deliver to tight deadlines;
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes/memos with speed and accuracy;
- Ability to work independently with minimum instructions and supervision;
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- Ability to easily adapt and cope with a multicultural environment
- Ability to monitor delivery from core manager and draw attention on variances
- Please add the minimum requirements that an applicant must possess before being considered.
Lieu de travail: Country Office
Type de role: ECLT Assistant
Se rapporte au: Country Director
Date limite: 16 juin 2023