La Banque Mondiale recrute : Assistant Programme
Pas encore abonné à ce blog?
Position: Program Assistant
Job #: req26206
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): French
Preferred Language(s): French, English
Closing Date: 2/20/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank consists of two entities – the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA). It is a global development cooperative owned by 189 member countries. As the largest development bank in the world, the World Bank provides loans, guarantees, risk management products, and advisory services to middle-income and creditworthy low-income countries, and coordinates responses to regional and global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and thirteen Global Practices to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
The World Bank, a leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as a Program Assistant. The Program Assistant will be under direct supervision of the Executive Assistant (EA) who is responsible for her/his technical and professional development and performance evaluation. The Program Assistant is an integral part of the Togo Country Office Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team. (S)He will provide Administrative and client support to the Operational Staff. The job implies frequent interaction with other institutional units, staff in other locations (locally and internationally), Government officials, consultants and external organizations.
Roles & Responsibility
The overall purpose of the assignment is to provide administrative, logistical and operational support to the World Bank Togo Country Office.
The main functions include but are not limited to:
Operational and administrative support
· Provide support for preparation and implementation of World Bank projects and activities according to Bank procedures.
· Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution.
· Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
· Keep abreast of the Organization’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents.
· Draft routine correspondence (standard letters, memos, faxes, etc.) conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials;
· Draft minutes of meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents.
· Maintain up-to-date divisional project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the Country Director and/or the Country Management Unit (CMU).
· Incorporate agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
Information Management and Client interaction
· Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
· Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
· Co-ordinate with service units, and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office;
· Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities
Time management & Logistic planning
· Arrange working schedule and meeting with counterparts for the visiting teams;
· Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information;
· Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters;
· Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing, etc.
· Serve as a back-up to other staff and Task Program Assistants on project and administrative tasks.
· Occasionally perform Analytical tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader
· Perform other tasks as requested by the Supervisor.
· Minimum Bachelor Degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
· Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests in place at time of recruitment (e.g. English language, computer applications, etc.).
· Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization is an advantage.
· Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
· Project and task management – Exhibit good organizational, problem-solving, analytical skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrate attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
· Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrate knowledge of own department’s programs and products, know key players, understand own role. Display understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
· Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrate flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrate motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
· Client Orientation (ACS) – Exhibit good communication skills, positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
· Learning, knowledge sharing and communication (ACS) – Good French and English language skills (verbal and written) Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
· Business judgment and analytical decision making (ACS) – Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.
· Drive for Results – Able to take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
· Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborate with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.