AGF seeks to recruit a senior risk officer bilingual – Lomé, Togo
The African Guarantee Fund (AGF)
The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium- sized Enterprises (AGF) is incorporated and licensed in Mauritius as a limited liability company and has its office of operation in Nairobi, Kenya. AGF partners with financial institutions to ease access to finance for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs).
AGF contributes to the promotion of economic development, vital for prosperity, stability and poverty reduction in Africa through two lines of interventions :
- Provision of a mix of financial guarantees and other products which reduce the risks supported by financial institutions when lending to SMEs that have insufficient collateral. These guarantees contribute to reduce the inability of SMEs to provide acceptable guarantees required by financial institutions prior to lending.
- Support for capacity development of the client financial institutions to enhance their capacity to appropriately assess loan requests from SMEs and to mitigate risks associated with the guarantee.
AGF operates according to market principles and is a commercially viable venture with its products being utilized in 39 countries in Africa, and it’s gradually expanding with an aim of covering the entire Africa by 2021. The African Development Bank together with the governments of Denmark (through DANIDA) and Spain (through AECID), are the founding shareholders of AGF. Other Shareholders include: Agence Française de Développement (AFD), Nordic Development Fund (NDF), Investment Fund for Developing Countries (IFU) and KfW Development Bank.
AGF Group is rated with a stable credit rating of AA- by Fitch Rating International
Position Summary :
The position focuses on supporting the Chief Risk Officer in managing Market, Liquidity, Credit and Compliance Risks within the organization.
Major Responsibilities :
- Conduct Market & Liquidity Risks assessment of the Treasury book of the Fund ;
- Highlight all identified Market & Liquidity Risks and make risk mitigation strategies recommendations ;
- Review the Guarantee Approval Request for the French speaking countries both with Business Development Officers and Chief Risk Officer ;
- Setup and monitor the compliance policy of the Fund, including AML/CFT requirements ;
- Support in developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities ;
- Support the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks ;
- Monitor all limits and risk issues ;
- Follow-up on all outstanding information and documentation required for Risk Department’s day-to-day operations ;
- Support the Chief Risk Officer and the Risk team in the end-to-end Fund management ;
- Compile regular and ad-hoc risk reports as required in both English and French.
In addition to the above duties, the Senior Risk Officer may be required to perform other related or unrelated duties based on the company’s needs.
Desired Qualifications, knowledge, skills & Experiences :
- Master’s degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, or Business administration ;
- A Minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience in Risk department of a bank or financial institution that trades on Financial Markets. Experience in Market Risk Analysis is a MUST. Experience in financial institutions Credit Analysis and SME Credit analysis is an added advantage.
BILINGUAL fluent in English and French :
- Strong Risk and financial analysis skills ;
- Demonstrated understanding of AML/CFT and any other regulatory requirements ;
- Demonstrated understanding of insurance, guarantee and bonding facilities ;
- Demonstrated track record in business development and portfolio management ;
- Demonstrated understanding of guarantee and banking products ;
- Ability to compile and report results of activities.
Additional eligibility critical Competencies and desired characteristics :
- Excellent analytical and IT skills ;
- Ability to work independently and with teams ;
- Self-driven individual with a passion and flair for helping SMEs succeed ;
- Ability to work in a professionally and culturally diverse setting ;
- Willingness to travel.
The position is open to bilingual nationals of any African country.
Terms of offer :
The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (AGF) is an equal opportunity employer and offers a regionally competitive salary with an excellent benefits package. AGF prides itself on its collegial, supportive and gender sensitive working environment and believes that staff diversity promotes excellence. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should apply by email, sending a cover letter summarizing their relevance to this position, a full C.V. names and contact information of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Application for Senior Risk Officer” should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email message.
Applications will be considered until 24th January 2019 or until the position is filled.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about us at : www.africanguaranteefund.com