REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Pas encore abonné à ce blog?
FOR AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT / SENIOR CONSULTANT
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
CCIA 25th Floor
Avenue Jean-Paul II, 01 BP 1387, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Treasury Department, Investments & Trading Division
Title of the assignment : Senior Front-Office Quantitative Analyst
Brief description of the Assignment : Assist with Treasury investment activities
Department issuing the request : Treasury Department
Place of assignment : HQ in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire or in remote locations as and when mutually agreed.
Duration of the assignment : 6 months
Tentative Date of commencement : 01 September 2022
Deadline for applications : 30 June 2022
Applications to be submitted to : [email protected]
Any questions and requests for clarifications may be sent to : [email protected]
- Introduction / Background :
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a regional, multilateral development, finance institution established in 1963 with a mandate to further the economic development and social progress of African countries, individually and collectively. The Bank has approximately 2500 staff members, who have been recruited from a wide geographic area only limited by membership in the Bank. In addition to Headquarter buildings in Abidjan, there are also 36 Regional and country offices in different countries in Africa and Japan. The Bank also co-operates with a large network of international development partners. There are currently 81 different nationalities from Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Americas represented within the Bank making the institution multicultural in every sense of the word. The Bank has two official languages: English and French. It co-operates with a large network of international development partners.
The Vice Presidency for Finance (FIVP) oversees the financial management of the Bank Group. This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
The key objectives of the Treasury Department (FITR) is to support the Bank’s development mandate by raising cost effective resources from the capital markets; and to manage the liquidity of the Bank which supports its triple A rating by the major rating agencies.
The Investments & Trading Division (FITR3) is responsible for treasury investment activities including the management of several fixed income portfolios, the execution of foreign exchange, and short-term borrowings (ECP & USCP programs).
- Objectives of the Assignment :
The Treasury Department is looking for a senior-level consultant that will be responsible for assisting in a series of key assignments. The consultant will work under the guidance of the Division Manager.
- Main activities and deliverables :
The assignments are of the following nature :
- Assist with project management for the Division, including a new Portfolio Management System ;
- Assist with the specifications & implementation of key Front-Office analytics such as performance attribution and value-at-risk reports ;
- Develop in Python a module to: interface with the Bank’s trading system (Summit); implement the Bank’s pricing policy (marked-to-market, constant-yield amortization); compute holdings, net asset value, and interest rate risk hedging; create reports to feed position monitoring tools such as Bloomberg PORT ;
- Upgrade Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for monitoring investment portfolios ;
- Assess, monitor and reconcile performance reports and value-at-risk reports produced by other Divisions ;
- Develop and upgrade the collection and the storage of historical performance, portfolio data, and instrument characteristics ;
- Any other tasks as per the Division’s work program.
- Administration/reporting :
The consultant will report to the Division Manager.
- Duration of the assignment :
The estimated duration of services is six (6) months.
- Qualifications and Experience required :
The consultant should possess strong quantitative analytical skills, an expertise in Python & SQL, be well versed in analytical techniques and should be committed to the social and economic development of countries in Africa.
Eligibility criteria for the recruitment are :
- Be a national of one of the member countries of the Bank ;
- A Master’s degree or equivalent and at least five (5) years’ experience in the area of expertise of the assignment ;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of financial instruments, particularly bonds, structured products, derivatives and risk management concepts ;
- Strong quantitative analysis skills ;
- Expertise in Python, SQL, and Bloomberg is a must ;
- Proven project management skills ;
- Professional experience with some of the leading investment banks, hedge funds or asset managers in a front office quantitative function is highly desirable ;
- Integrity and ability to work in team ;
- Competence in trading systems such as Bloomberg, Summit is a plus ;
- Good listener with demonstrated ability to present and win support for ideas as well as make effective and timely decisions ;
- The successful candidate should be methodical, analytical and someone who pays attention to detail ;
- Ability to work independently and be creative and innovative; and
- Proficiency in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Remuneration :
Remuneration of the consultant will be a function of the consultant’s experience in accordance with procurement guidelines.
Please attach an updated Curriculum vitae on the basis of the template attached.