Job Title: Programme Development Coordinator – Togo
Company: Self Help Africa (SHA)
Department: West Africa
Reports to: West Africa Regional Director
SHA has implemented agricultural and WASH projects in the Savane region of Togo since 2005. Self Help Africa has ambitions to expand into other regions and to strengthen our presence and impact in the north of Togo. Under the overall managerial and administrative leadership of the Self Help Africa West Africa Regional Director the Programme Development Coordinator Togo (PDCT) will be responsible for the growth of SHA’s operations in Togo. The PDCT will have the key responsibility to take forward, strengthen and develop programme links with donors, INGOs, government and local partners and to strengthen SHA’s position within Togo. The role involves representation and contribution to of SHA’s operations in Togo.
The PDCT will work with the West Africa Regional Director and Programme Funding team (UK-based) to increase funding from a diversified, steady and broader base of funders to support the expansion of SHA’s Togo programme and to develop new projects and partnerships that support SHA West Africa’s strategic priorities. The PDCT will also work with colleagues from West Africa and Head Office to promote good project management practices and SHA’s agriculture, nutrition, enterprise and WASH approaches.
- Lead the programme expansion and business building in Togo, including resource mobilisation
- Support the implementation of Togo programme
- Network with donors, INGOs and other strategic development actors
- Represent SHA in Togo
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-graduate qualification or equivalent experience in international development.
- Excellent communication skills in English and French.
- Strong interpersonal and inter-cultural communication skills. This should include the ability to instil
trust and confidence in partner organisations and colleagues from a variety of backgrounds.
- Be able to be adaptable and capable of working in a multicultural environment.
- Proven track record of resource mobilisation
- Commitment to, and genuine interest in the vision and values of SHA.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake high-level representation
- Ability to work as part of an international team across jurisdictions and cultures and can manage
- Ability to analyse data, solve problems and take corrective action.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft office software.
- Togolese national.
- Possess a valid driving licence.
- Willingness to travel
- Commitment to international and humanitarian NGO codes, standards and practices.
- Expertise in rural enterprise development – value chains, credit, cooperative/farmer association development, etc.
- Developed ability of raising the profile of an organization, strategically networking with government agencies, donors and other international agencies, and using the media as appropriate.
- A knowledge and experience of working in other West African countries.
This Job Description serves as a guide for the position available and SHA reserves the right to make necessary changes.
How to apply
Submission of the SHA Application Form in English a compulsory part of the application. It can be downloaded from here
Please submit: The Application Form; CV/Resume (no more than 4 pages in English) and a letter of motivation in English. The letter should explain why you want the position and why you think you are particularly suited to the role. Please attach scanned copies of degrees & work certificate and scanned copy of proof of Togolese nationality (national identity card, passport or certificate of nationality)
Your application should be submitted to email@example.com. Please submit your application by email only as a Word document or in pdf. Make it clear which position you are applying for by writing the Position in the subject line of your e-mail as follows [Position + Your name ]”
Closing date: 9am on Wednesday March 6, 2019
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview by e-mail and date for interview will be communicated once the initial screening is completed.
Self Help Africa is committed to equal employment opportunities.