Position Title: Project Assistant
Duty Station: Kara, TOGO
Duration of Assignment : 1 year renewable (The duration of the project is 5 years)
Estimated Start Date : June 2019
Established in 2013, Saemaul Globalization Foundation (SGF) is a Non Profit Public Financing Organization of the Republic of Korea. SGF is dedicated to -Practicing universai love for mankind, Promoting the common prosperity of mankind, Building a new form of governance system,EstablishingSaemaeul movement as a Korean ODA model.
The SGF participate in Togo’s SPCZ project lead by AFDB at Kara region. The project will aim to reverse this cyclical pattern of agriculturaF value loss by addressing the root causes of the problem at the family arms. The project will provide the necessary farming skills and infrastructure to farmers around the SCPZ to increase agricultural production such that they are able to realize the market opportunities brought to their farm gate by the agro-park.
Under the direct supervision and overali guidance of the Abidjan office, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting the implementation of the SGF’s activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities :
1. Provide substantive support in the preparation, organization and servicing of capacity development trainings, workshops and other events of SGF, particularly in the area of logistics planning and coordination.
2. Coordinate communication with project partners on the field and Coordinate efforts within the team and with outside consultants efficiently.
3. Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met.
4. Report updates verbally and in written form to management (Weekly and monthly).
5. Assist in the preparation of training materials including PowerPoint presentations, handouts, evaluation surveys and other print materials.
6. Compile and analyze evaluation outcomes and draft summary reports. Conduct quantitative and qualitative research in support for the operationalization of the project and produce reports in various formats as required.
7. Provide input to reports of various kinds and nature needed by the Abidjan office
8. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Core Values and Competencies :
a) Professionalism: Knowledge of the Organization’s rules and regulations as they pertain to the incumbent’s area of responsibility;
b) Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills. Working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues and counterparts from diverse cultures and professional backgrounds;
c) Communication: Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively;
d) Planning and Organizing: Using time efficiently. Ability te prioritize assignments, allocate appropriate time for completing work and meet deadlines. Ability to work under pressure and handle a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner. Self-driven, inventive. innovative, collegial, committed, efficient, accurate and prompt;
e) Commitment to Continuous Learning: Initiative and willingness to learn new skills;
f) Technological Awareness: Excellent computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office. ;
g) Trust: Reputation for dealing honestly and openly with staff. Respected by partners, villages and staff.
Desirable Qualifications, :
a) Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited academic institution, preferably in agronomy, rural development or other relevant fields;
b) Minimum 2 years of professional experience after graduation in project gestion, evaluation, supervision or other relevant areas;
c) Proven ability to multitask as well as strong organization and communication skills are required;
d) Experience in working or studying in an international environment is preferred..
The incumbent will be given substantial opportunities to be engaged and build up hands-on experience in a wide range of work areas in line with global priorities and operations of Abidjan office. In particular, the incumbent will be able to deepen knowledge in topics related to international organization project, capacity¬building and knowledge-sharing, rural development project management..
Full professional proficiency in both French and English is required.
How to apply:
lnterested applicants should submit a cover letter and an updated CV (no more than four pages) in English and in French to email@example.com by Monday, 20 May 2019. Please indicate “Togo Project Assistant SGF Application 2019_Your Name” in the subject lne. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.