Compassion International, Christian child organization, represented in more than 26 countries included Africa, Asia, America and Europe is looking for National Director.
Job title: National Director
Department: Global Program
Supervisor: Africa Regional Director
The National Director is responsible for the fulfillment of Compassion International’s mission through five distinct roles within their country/geographical area. Their roles are, external representative of Compassion, oversite leader for their country/geographic region, strategic program leadership, marketing collaboration and responsibility for understanding and utilizing appropriate support services
necessary to meet Compassion’s mission. He/she provides overall spiritual leadership while translating strategy into program effectiveness, supporting marketing efforts, and having ultimate accountability for the performance and integrity of the country/ geographic area.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
1. Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
2. External Representative of Compassion: acts as the legal representative to government, represents. Compassion in developing and managing relationships with external stakeholders, donors, suppliers etc. Extends Compassion’s impact and sphere of influence by forming strategic relationships with governmental and non-governmental organizations. Works with local boards (as applicable) to ensure our ministry is working in an effective and ethical manner.
3. Staff Leadership: communicates a compelling vision for Compassion’s ministry in alignment with the corporate mission. Models and promotes Compassion’s global cultural behaviors (incorporating local standards) and provides spiritual leadership. Manage and leads towards ministry outcomes by being accountable for the work and performance of their staff. Responsible to help foster cross functional relationships, so as to further Compassion’s effectiveness. Motivates field staff toward full engagement and effectiveness and ensures staff development programs are implemented.
4. Strategic Program Leadership: Leads an in-geography growth & opportunity strategy that reflects Global Program and other function’s (GME & GSS) objectives. Oversees the establishment of relationships with Implementing Church Partner’s (ICPs) and affiliate churches that share Compassion’s vision. Responsible for ensuring the development of strong local church partnerships within and outside of our child sponsorship model. Promotes a strong sponsor/donor engagement mindset with ICPs to help increase the visibility of the church and its role for the sponsor/ donor. Responsible for local resource mobilization strategy.
5. Program Monitoring & Evaluation Responsibility: Works with Regional Program staff to ensure program’s strategic objectives and outcomes are fully accomplished and meet expected technical quality standards within the geography of responsibility.
Oversee Program’s monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems using data analysis as the basis for measuring performance. Ensure that monitoring and evaluation is incorporated into evolving program plans including the delivery of quality training and technical assistance to local church partners.
6. Country/Geographic Operations: Legally responsible for employment relationships of all staff in country/geographic area, regardless of reporting structure. Works with line management as necessary and appropriate on any required personnel action. Accountable for budgeting, legal compliance and corporate policy compliance.
7. Support Services: Provides ongoing feedback to ensure services are meeting expectations and the support provided enables the achievement of strategic objectives.
8. Marketing: collaborates with marketing to ensure the strategic direction and execution of the country or geographic area is achieved: Depending on the context, will be responsible to help guide some marketing tasks/initiatives.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
1. Mature Evangelical Christian who is above reproach in integrity and honesty. Able to demonstrate a strong history of spiritual leadership and service in the church. Record of advocating for and serving the poor.
2. A proven leadership style which is consistent with Compassion’s culture and beliefs. Ability to inspire, disciple and coach others into the full exercise of their gifts.
3. Strong understanding of program and program development and can articulate information about those clearly and effectively.
4. The ability to build relationships and liaise with others both within and outside the organization, leading and participating in infernal and external networks.
5. The ability to persuade or convince’ others to support an idea, agenda or direction. Understanding of who the other stakeholders and decision makers are and how to influence them towards desired results.
6. Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning abilities.
7. Adaptability mindset.
8. The ability to develop positive and trusting intercultural and interdenominational relationships.
9. Knowledge of local non-governmental organizations and evangelical networks.
10. Effective communicator, both written and verbal, in languages relevant to the country as well as English.
11. Strong Cross Cultural leadership skills.
12. Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
13. Education: Masters’ degree in relevant field; Advanced degree preferred.
14. Experience: 5 years of management experience at a level sufficient to lead the equivalent of a $7-8 million business.
Experience leading Cross-Culturally.
Ability to travel. Office based staff. It may be necessary for the person to perform other tasks as needed. Every candidate interested in this position is requested to send his application, Police Record (casier judiciaire), application letter, certificates and a recommendation from his spiritual leader to the following.
and 05 BP 387 Lomé – Togo before 21st,September 2018 à 17 h 00.
NB: Only the retained applicants will be contacted.
Sending applications through P.O Box as mentioned above is mandatory