AGF seeks to recruit a business development officer – Togo-Kenya
The African Guarantee Fund (AGF) :
The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium- sized Enterprises (AGF) is incorporated and licensed in Mauritius as a limited liability company and has its office of operation in Nairobi, Kenya. AGF partners with financial institutions to ease access to finance for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs).
AGF contributes to the promotion of economic development, vital for prosperity, stability and poverty reduction in Africa through two lines of interventions :
- Provision of a mix of financial guarantees and other products which reduce the risks supported by financial institutions when lending to SMEs that have insufficient collateral. These guarantees contribute to reduce the inability of SMEs to provide acceptable guarantees required by financial institutions prior to lending ;
- Support for capacity development of the client financial institutions to enhance their capacity to appropriately assess loan requests from SMEs and to mitigate risks associated with the guarantee.
AGF operates according to market principles and is a commercially viable venture with its products being utilized in 39 countries in Africa, and it’s gradually expanding with an aim of covering the entire Africa by 2021. The African Development Bank together with the governments of Denmark (through DANIDA) and Spain (through AECID), are the founding shareholders of AGF. Other Shareholders include: Agence Française de Développement (AFD), Nordic Development Fund (NDF), Investment Fund for Developing Countries (IFU) and KfW Development Bank.
AGF Group is rated with a stable credit rating of AA- by Fitch Rating International
Position Summary :
The position focuses on implementation of business development strategies and plans to meet the department’s revenue targets.
Major duties and Responsibilities
Business Development :
- Assist the Region Head to manage the Guarantee process cycle right from Lead Generation, Credit appraisal which include credit / risk rating of the Country, Transaction, Lender and, borrower on the basis of business & financial analysis, due diligence and site visits ;
- Conducted full credit reviews of financial institutions and corporations ;
- Prepare guarantee requests for presentation for approval by the relevant approval bodies ;
- Identify and develop new business proposals to meet the department’s volumes of Guarantees issued, revenue targets and social impacts ;
- Use multiple prospecting methods to generate deals, set up sales meetings and pitch appropriate solution-offerings to prospects ;
- Assist in developing and managing relationships with AGF partner lending institutions to meet their guarantee requirements ;
- Assist to carry out market and competitor analysis as part of gathering market intelligence to inform business decisions ;
- Assist to manage and handle efficiently all guarantee claims applications sent by our Partner Lending Institutions(PLI) ;
- Develop a Proactive Customer Relationship Management in order to support AGF’s guarantee product(s) utilization by our PLIs ;
- Monitor with the PLIs the submission to AGF, on the periodic reports on a timely manner ;
- Monitor with the PLIs the payment of the fees invoices in due time.
In addition to the above duties, the Business Development Officer may be required to perform other related or unrelated duties based on the company’s needs.
Desirable Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experiences :
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Banking, Finance, or Business Administration, CFA ;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a financial institution or in financial services ;
- Excellent knowledge in Financial Analysis ;
- Ability to compile and report results of activities ;
- Demonstrated track record in business development and portfolio management with focus in consultative and solution oriented sales and marketing approaches ;
- Demonstrated experience as client-facing staff.
- Bilingual – Fluent in English and French a Must ;
- Good knowledge of private equity environment.
Additional eligibility critical competencies and desired characteristics :
- Ability to work both independently and with teams ;
- Self-driven individual ;
- Excellent IT skills ;
- Ability to work in a professionally and culturally diverse setting ;
- Willingness to travel.
The position is open to bilingual French and English speakers who are from any African country.
Terms of offer
The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (AGF) Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers a regionally competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
AGF prides itself on its collegial, supportive and gender sensitive working environment and believes that staff diversity promotes excellence. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply on email, sending one document including a cover letter summarizing their relevance to this position, a full C.V. names and contact information of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to : firstname.lastname@example.org .
“Application for Business Development Officer” should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email message. Applications will be considered until 24th January 2019.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about us at : www.africanguaranteefund.com