CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. We are looking to recruit an:
IT Officer – Regional Hub Office Africa West & Centre
Main objective of the role:
The incumbent will report to the Regional Hub Director. Working in the Regional Hub Office in Lomé, the IT Officer will take responsibility for administrating and maintaining of IT systems and procedures to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of the Regional Office and Country Offices.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Support the local and international users in IT related matters.
- Analysis problems, find solutions, record lessons learnt and best
- Institute guidelines for systems users.
- Purchase, install/ configure and operate hard disks and software according CBM’s guidelines and local rules.
- Implement and enforce CBM’s IT policy in the Regional Office and the Country
- Cooperate in the daily work with the IT department of the International Office and collaborate in IT projects within the whole organization.
- Be available as a potential member of IT teams of competency.
- Develop individual annual work plan
- Write monthly report of activities
- Manage budgets/costs accurately
- Assess and identified risks within the scope of the function area and addressed them proactively.
- Provide IT Training to staff
We are looking for someone who has:
- Computer literate, sound knowledge and experience in computers, both hardware and software.
- Good knowledge in MS-Office Software and other tools.
- Good knowledge in virtualization of server environment using VMWare as well as of state of the art operating systems like MS Windows 8 and 10, MS Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Experience in different fields of IT security like firewalls, virus and spam protection and backup methods.
- Good knowledge of physical networks (active and passive components).
- Ability to work independently.
- Reliable work methodology, analytic thinking and sense of responsibility.
- Training capability / knowledge
- Ability to prioritize work, and meet
- Effective communication skills.
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org – Application deadline: 25 February 2019
The role is a permanent contract located in Lomé, Togo. This position has a national compensation package and is subject to local employment and immigration laws.