Energy Generation supports young Africans in addressing their generation’s challenges through entrepreneurship and technological innovation, focusing on access to energy issues.
In 2016, we set up the first training centre offering an intensive one-year training program for entrepreneurship in the field of energy in Lome, Togo. Since then, Energy Generation has trained young entrepreneurs from 14 different countries. Energy Generation is at a turning point of its history, pivoting and scaling into a pan-African network of support structures (training centers, incubators, seed fund), covering from end-to-end the entrepreneurial journey.
Starting October 2019, we aim at opening the training center’s doors to 100 students every year and delivering high standard graduate courses on entrepreneurship for development. In the meantime, we are delivering brand new incubation and investment readiness programs to help promising entrepreneurs scaling their businesses through access to market and funding opportunities.
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate people to join us in this extraordinary exciting move and write the story of an entire generation!
You are autonomous, ambitious, proactive, and above all, convinced that you must contribute to the dynamics of a changing world? Our challenges are made for you! We are looking for people who share our vision and desire to have a real impact on the future of the African continent. Team spirit, good resistance to stress and the ability to manage unexpected events will also be valuable assets of your daily work that will help you meet the challenges of an entire generation!
We are looking for an experienced Chief Executive Officer or CEO to supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the organisation. You will be the first in command in the organisation and responsible for giving the proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success.
To thrive as a CEO at Energy Generation you must be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader. The ideal candidate will have both a social impact mindset and a business mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. They will take actions to enhance the organisation’s cash flow while keeping the human factor as a priority.
The goal is to drive the organisation’s pan-African development and guide it towards long-term success.
As a Chief Executive Officer at Energy Generation, your responsibilities will include:
Human capital development
- Developing a high performing managerial team
- Establishing a strong and vibrant organization’s culture
- Motivating subordinates to advance employee engagement
- Leading with an example
- Developing high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Making high-quality investing decisions to advance the organisation and increase our impact
- Reviewing financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Leading the development of the Energy Generation’s pan-African network
- Maintaining a deep knowledge and understanding of the markets and industries trends of the organisation (energy, entrepreneurship, education in Africa)
- Overseeing all operations and daily activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall organisation’s strategy and mission
- Analysing problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure organisation’s survival and growth
- Enforcing adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies
- Ensuring the organisation’s complicity with legal and business ethics
- Build trust relations with key international partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- MSc/MA in business administration or relevant field
- Proven experience as CEO or in other managerial position (+5 years)
- Experience in developing sustainable strategies and implementing vision
- In-depth knowledge of organisational governance and performance management best practices
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, HR, corporate finance etc.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills (both in English and in French)
- Awareness of cross-cultural communication and ability to maintain constructive relationships with a diverse set of key stakeholders;
- Experiences in Africa and/or as an entrepreneur are highly valuable;
- Knowledge of access to energy, innovation/incubators/startups ecosystems and education issues in Africa would be appreciated;
- Team player, committed and result-oriented.
Location: Position based in Lomé with frequent travels to Accra and sub-Saharan Africa in general.
Contract type: permanent employment contract
Start date: ASAP
Energy Generation has implemented a human resources policy designed to align our people’s personal and professional development with the achievement of our strategic objectives.
We offer you a privileged framework and follow-up throughout your experience with us to allow you to evolve within the organization and actively participate in its development. The ongoing evaluation and training of our employees are two fundamental aspects of our HR policy.
We do not only look at your diplomas and years of experience. We also rely on your personality and motivation, and take into account your progress through our career and performance management system.
Trust, transparency and caring are the watchwords that guarantee a working environment that is conducive to everyone’s success and development.
Enthusiastic about the role? We can’t wait to hear from you. Apply now!