General Manager – DJANTA Tech Hub, LOME – Togo
Djanta Tech Hub is a 3000 sq. metre technology hub located in the centre of Lome. Togolese national development policy aims to transform the country into a services hub and centre of digital excellence. The Ministry of Digital Economy has therefore initiated the creation of Djanta Tech Hub, which aspires to becoming French-speaking Africa’s biggest hub, with four specialist areas to ensure reach across the sub-region: fintech, e-govemment, impact tech (agritech, heatth, renewable energy) and logistics.
Djanta Tech Hub is made of 6 units dedicated to new technologies: a start-ups unit (with an incubator, an accelerator, a dedicated space for female entrepreneurs and a lab lab), an academic unit (with a coding school and a training centre), rented offices, a co-working space with a 100-people capacity, a ISO-seat conference room and a renewable energy-focused Incubator. Djanta Tech Hub is structured as a not-for-profit association, entirely independent from the government but supported by Togo’s main actors.
Djanta Tech Huh will promote entrepreneurship, technological Innovation, and economic growth. To become a centre of excellence, the Hub will fulfil 3 objectives by 2025:
- Develop a network of Togolese start-ups (50 + start-ups incubated, including minimum 10+ start-ups which raised more than 100k€ and 200+ new start-ups in Togo)
- Train 1000 digital talents each year
- Attract international innovative technology companies (at least 15 new companies)
We are hiring a General Manager to support Djanta Tech Huh’s operations and development. You will be the spokesperson for this ambitious Initiative, representing Djanta Tech Hub in Togo and Internationally. We are looking for an experienced manager with great entrepreneurial skills and strong connections within the African tech scene across both Anglophone and Francophone regions.
- Strategy, management, and governance
- Develop the initial business plan and keep strengthening the strategy
- Hiring, managing, and training a local team
- Financial management, accounting, and administrative operations
- Put in place relevant KPIs
- Put in place a strong governance system
- Ensure the proper functioning of the 6 units Incl. partnerships for academy and rented spaces)
- Work with and report to the board to execute the decisions
- Start-ups mentoring and programming
- Create acceleration and incubation best practices: marketing of the programme, development and readjustment of selection criteria
- Mentor and help start-ups at each step of their development stage: analyse start-ups needs, provide mentorship to founders, support access to financing, capacity building/skills development, business plans, Introduction to investors, etc.
- Management of business advisors who will develop the curriculum, tracking of start-ups and founders’ KPIs
- Create and track KPIs and indicators for startups, founders, and business advisors
- Business development
- Develop partnerships and programmes for the hub
- Develop new commercial offers
- Develop a fundraising strategy and manage relationships with stakeholders (Including grants. donations etc.)
- Develop a compelling communication strategy and be a spokesperson for external Initiatives such as international conferences, op-eds. thought leadership, etc.
- Hub revenues will make It self-financing from year 3
- Manage a team of 10 people and a pool of 30 to 70 entrepreneurs per year
- At least 85% of incubated start-ups must reach life expectancy of at least 5 years
- Integrate high performing incubator networks in Anglophone Africa (and Francophone regions)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Master’s degree or MBA from a top business school
- At least 5-10 years of international experience as manager in tech company, an Incubator, a VC funds, in the development sector as a senior consultant in a top consulting firm (Big Four)
- You are bilingual in French and English
- You have worked directly with start-ups or have mentored start-ups/founders as an Investor for Instance; Ideally you have started a venture yourself.
- You have an excellent network amongst the pan-African and global private equity sector or In Impact investing, and in start-ups/SMEs development
- You have done business in West Africa, Ideally you know about Togo
- Great marketer who is not afraid to take initiatives
- Ready for long term commitment
- Attractive salary package in line with rates in the private sector
APPLICATION PROCEDURE :
To apply, email us your resume and a cover letter via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis