CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM International is now looking to recruit an:
Pas encore abonné à ce blog?
Job: “IT Officer” (m/f)
Main objective of the role :
The IT Officer is responsible of administration and maintenance of IT systems and procedures to ensure smooth and effective functioning (providing efficient and effective levels of IT technical support) of the Regional Office in Lomé, and to the Country Offices in Cameroon, DRC, Niger and Nigeria and other Country Coordination Offices in the Region.
The position incumbent will also ensure operational services of network/ hardware/software and advise users on basic access issues.
We are looking for someone who will
– Ensure installation, configuration and administration of hardware and software (client/servers systems, network components, printer, backup systems and mobile phones) as laid down by CBM standards and guidelines;
– Prepare hardware for a safe disposal;
– Register defects and failures within the IT system (analysing and solving such problems);
– Maintain quality service providing day-to-day technical support and trouble-shooting to all users;
– Oversee the maintenance of server, network and related security systems;
– Coordinate (warrantly) repairs with vendors;
– Develop and plan purchasing, upgrading and maintaining hardware/ software for efficient performance in liaison with admin, the regional
IT officer and the Coordinating IT Department in Bensheim;
– Provide hardware and software training to users when necessary;
– Assist logistics team with onsite & offsite equipment set up ;
– Maintain updated inventory of computer hardware and software ;
– Ensure stock of frequently used accessories and parts;
– Make available documentation of changes, problems and solutions.
– We are looking for someone who has
– Bachelor degree in computer science and ICT;
– Minimum 3-year experience within different fields of IT and IT security (like firewall, virus and spam protection,…) and backup methods, maintenance, preferably in the INGO context;
– Practical knowledge on computer-related work, and help-desk support;
– Structured, independent and reliable work methodology, strong analytic thinking and sense of responsibility;
– Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment and working experiences in an international team with clear communication
Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and meet deadlines as well;
– Maturity and personal credibility (trustworthy) to deal with people at all levels of the organization;
– Sound personal skills (flexibility, resourceful and active, willingness to learn, to train and knowledge transfer);
– English and French professional proficiency;
– Willingness to reflect CBM values in daily work;
– Operational knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
Willingness to travel 30 % of his annual working time.
The future jobholder will adhere to CBM’s values and commit to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy. CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please see https://www.cbm.org
If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to : [email protected]
Application deadline: 9 th July 2021
This is a 2 years Fixed Term Contract, with possible extension. This position is local and based in Lomé, Togo. It is subject to local employment and immigration laws.