ASKY Airlines is recruiting a Junior Internal Auditor
I. Job Title
Junior Internal Auditor
II. Position Summary
Under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager, the Junior Internal Auditor assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of governance, risk management and control in the company and formulates recommendations to Management for its improvement.
The Junior Internal Auditor assists the Internal Audit Manager in performing individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes performing internal audit procedures, ensuring the collection of sufficient and appropriate evidence for audit findings, achieving clear and adequate documentation, and assisting in the preparation of internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on financial, IT, operational and compliance processes.
Additionally, the Junior Internal Auditor may help with the follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit recommendations. The Junior Internal Auditor will also assist the Internal Audit Manager with periodic reporting to the Audit and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors, administrative tasks, and the championing of internal control, risk management and corporate governance concepts throughout the business. The Junior Internal Auditor may be supervised by other senior internal audit personnel and shall discharge any other duties given him/her by other senior internal audit personnel.
III. Position Hierarchy
The Junior Internal Auditor reports hierarchically and functionally to the Internal Audit Manager.
IV. Required Qualifications
- At least BAC +3 (undergraduate degree) in accounting, audit, or finance
- 1-2 years working experience as an accountant or as an auditor in a solid audit firm
- Age between 25-30 years
- Ability to follow instructions and willingness to learn and work hard
- Analytical skills, detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work well in a team environment and maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of internal audit and of the risk-based audit methodology
- Understanding of internal controls concepts and knowledge of the COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework (2013 Edition)
- Understanding of risk management concepts and awareness of the COSO Enterprise Risk Management – Integrated Framework
- Understanding of the principles of accounting and financial reporting according to SYSCOHADA standards and IFRS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and French, with ability to work effectively in a bilingual environment and to effectively present to peers and management
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships across the firm with the different functions
- Experience in performing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
V. Legal status