USAID West Africa Fertilizer Program (WAFP)
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position described below for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded West Africa Fertilizer Program (WAFP). IFDC is an International Public Non-Profit Organization striving to improve the livelihoods of people in developing countries throughout the world.
USAID WAFP’s goal is to improve sustainable agricultural productivity while its strategic objective is increased regional availability of appropriate and affordable fertilizer. USAID WAFP’s main entry point is at the regional level, especially with respect to harmonized policy regarding fertilizer, promotion of free trade and the establishment of a West Africa Fertilizer Stakeholders’ Forum to address fertilizer industry-related issues throughout the region. However, its country focus will initially be on Ghana, Mali, Senegal and Liberia within selected value chains. Notable partners include the African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP) and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
IFDC has a vacancy for the position of Fertilizer Supply Chain Specialist in the USAID West Africa Fertilizer Program.
Job Description and Requirements:
The Fertilizer Suppy Chain Specialist works to improve the efficiency of the fertilizer supply chain throughout the region. Ensures that farmers in focus value chains have improved, timely access to affordable fertilizer products, including a reduction in the distance they have to travel to obtain fertilizer and a reduction in the retail price of fertilizer, relative to world market price. Engages with all value chain actors, including both commercial and supporting actors such as bankers, extension agents, and NGOs, to promote closer cooperation. Identifies and helps to ease technical, commercial, logistical, informational and policy constraints to more effective supply chain operation.
- Participates in program planning with respect to fertilizer supply chain development.
- Oversees and participates in all fertilizer supply and value chain development activities of the program.
- Leads the establishment of and provides staffing for a Private Sector Subcommittee of the West Africa Fertilizer Stakeholders Forum.
- Assists private sector members of the Forum to develop a common agenda for Forum meetings and more generally for regional industry development.
- Leads exploratory discussion of the benefits of forming a fertilizer industry trade association.
- Assists/trains new entrants to the fertilizer importer and blender businesses in fertilizer demand forecasting and linkages to global fertilizer markets.
- Collaborates with USAID WAFP National Coordinators to ensure effective operation of focus value chains and the achievement of crop production and marketing targets.
- Assists private sector businesses and entrepreneurs to become more familiar with new technologies in the fertilizer sector.
- Collaborates with the Financial Specialist, partners and investors in evaluating proposed investments and leads on assessing technical feasibility of investments in the supply chain.’
- Help develop business plans where appropriate
- Assists in reporting on supply chain aspects of the program.
Requires both technical and business management skills in business development and fertilizer marketing. A Masters Degree in Business, Finance or Administration are desired. Candidate must have strong communications skills to work closely with USAID bilateral programs and other fertilizer-related programs. As such previous USAID experience will be an added advantage. Requires appropriate fertilizer industry management experience of seven (7) years or more and knowledge of fertilizer technical processes, transportation, storage and marketing. Fluency in French and/or English and working knowledge in the second language is required. Candidates who cannot read, write and speak in both languages will be disqualified.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in your application. Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their applications electronically in English or French in the form of a one-page letter attached to a current CV describing qualifications, experience, language, other skills and three references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com latest by close of business at 17:00 hrs on 6 July 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Source: togo-presse du 29/06/2012
Merci de laisser un commentaire en dessous ou partager cette offre avec vos amis sur Facebook, Twitter, Google+…
- Emploi Togo
- Un Assistant de Gestion-24/10/2014
- Un (e) Stagiaire webmaster infographiste-27/10/2014
- Un (01) Directeur du Département des Etudes l’Ingénierieet Marketing (DEIM)-14/11/2014
- Une / Un (01) Responsable Chargé(e) de la formation et de la veille technologique-14/11/2014
- Comment Trouver un bon Emploi et le Garder